Better preparation, better result.
Looking back, after more than 100 transactions have been negotiated, it is very clear to us that the sale of a company is the consequence of a well-conducted process, from preparing the company to negotiating the transaction.
Especially in Brazil, due to fiscal/labor complexity, exotic tax planning and lack of quality accounting/financial support, we find that the preparation phase is often neglected, greatly increasing the mortality rate of M&A transactions in the due diligence phase .
We present below the main advantages of an adequate preparation for the M&A process, as well as what would be the result of our work.
Main Advantages of Preparation
Result of Our Works
- Degree of preparation of the company for an M&A/uptake process and the main problems identified that could hinder the process;
- Preliminary calculation of adjusted EBITDA and Net Debt;
- Potential difficulties faced if we engage in an M&A;
- Suggestions for improvements to be implemented seeking to mitigate anticipated difficulties; and
- The work may also include tax, labor and/or corporate reviews, depending on the client’s needs.